Financing A Property Bought At An Auction

Bidding at a property auction Lake District is a very different prospect to buying via traditional property purchase methods, such as through estate agents, and vendors will have many different questions about how the purchase will be financed. They will need to consider, for instance, whether a mortgage is needed before the auction begins, and how they go about paying for a property if it is purchased online.
When purchasing at a property auction Lake District, for example, the timescales are very different to a traditional purchase. Assuming that a property has been identified in the property auction Lake District catalogue, the legal aspects of the purchase scrutinised and a house survey considered, there are various options for financing at this stage.
Buyers need to consider that, once the hammer falls at the property auctions Lake District, the winning bidder will need to make arrangements to pay a 10% deposit immediately, and the remaining 90% is normally expected within a further 28 days. It is unusual to have such an accurate timescale, so it’s something to keep in mind when considering how to purchase your property. However, if the buyer is unable to make this payment, they will risk losing the deposit and any money spent on surveys or legalities. They may also have to cover the costs of reselling the home and any associated interest.
Buyers should therefore ensure that finance is secured before a property is purchased at property auctions Lake District � even if you are outbid and the purchase is unsuccessful, it is sensible to have finances prepared in advance just in case.
Ideally, before purchasing at a property auction Lake District, a buyer will have a mortgage in principle arranged with a lender, which will ensure that funds are available when required. If this has not been possible, it may be possible for the buyer to arrange a bridging loan. This is a short-term loan which provides the finance to complete the sale within the requisite 28 days, whilst allowing the buyer to find a longer term financial option for the property auctions Lake District purchase.
It must be emphasised, though, that bridging loans are not an ideal way to fund a property auctions Lake District purchase as they are considerably more expensive that a traditional mortgage, owing to their short-term nature. They may also be secured against any assets you own, including any property.
If a buyer has their finances in place before the property auction Lake District, and has completed all the relevant procedures, it may be possible for them to make a bid before the property auction Lake District takes place. This may involve moving quickly, though, and the buyer will have to work fast to exchange contracts � the deadline for completion is generally a few days before the auction.
When buying at property auction Lake District events, it is vital to thoroughly research the property, have a survey carried out (especially if you’re buying a property to renovate it) and remember the golden rule � never go above your maximum price.

Comments are closed.